What is ClotIt®?
ClotIt® is a non-staining, blood clotting powder made up of all-natural minerals designed to rapidly stop bleeding in minor to severe external wounds. ClotIt® is a patented, multi-action compound of all-natural minerals. Upon contact with blood, ClotIt® facilitates and accelerates the body’s natural coagulation cascade, while simultaneously slowing blood flow, by constricting local vessels and capillaries. ClotIt®’s fine granules create an ionic attraction between blood cells resulting in flocculation (clumping together) of these cells, and also rapidly absorb plasma at the wound site, leaving behind platelets and blood cells, to aid in forming a solid clot. This multi-action process results in complete clotting in seconds.
ClotIt® is intended for use in minor to severe external wounds, including:
– Skin tears, lacerations, grazes, cuts, sores and other skin integrity issues
– Injections, intravenous treatments, blood draws
– Dental procedures
– Nail trimming
– Cutaneous ulcer
– Femoral arteries
ClotIt® is recommended and tested by groomers for use with nail clippings and other wounds that can happen in the grooming salon. ClotIt® utilities Protege Biomedical’s Patented IHM Technology™ by using all-natural minerals to work with the body’s natural clotting process, and stops bleeding faster than any other product on the market.
Protégé Biomedical’s Ionic Hemostatic Mineral Technology™, also referred to as IHM Technology™, is a proprietary, specifically processed mixture of all-natural minerals that yields a multi-action process that includes the 1) recruitment of cells (flocculation), 2) immediate initiation of the Factor XII coagulation cascade, 3) vessel constriction and 4) plasma absorption that collectively accelerates the clotting of blood to rapidly stop bleeding from wounds. It works on minor surface wounds and deep cuts or puncture wounds, including those that involve arterial lacerations.
HOW IT WORKS –
IHM Technology™ works by acting on both the biochemical (soluble factors) and cellular parts of the hemostasis system. One component activates soluble Factor XII of the intrinsic coagulation pathway. Another component causes an ionic attraction flocculation (clumping together) of the blood cells bringing the platelets into closer than normal proximity. Since an early step in coagulation is the formation of platelet aggregates, which requires platelets to be close to each other, the flocculation of platelets by Protégé Biomedical’s IHM Technology™ means the overall effect is to accelerate the formation of a clot and greatly decrease the clotting time.
Protégé Biomedical’s formulation, mechanism of action, and flexible format gives it characteristics that make it superior to competitive products, specifically:
1. Speed of clotting – lowers blood loss and decreases total procedural time leading to better outcomes.
2. Cessation of bleeding – bleeding stops and does not recur, because of the density and strength of the clot.
3. Effectiveness in liquid – effect not diluted out, works when there is a lot of blood or other fluid at the site.
4. Film formation – provides a barrier, helping to protect the wound.
5. The multi-action and efficacy of Protégé Biomedical’s formulation in liquid allows a broader range of applications, allowing the development of multiple product configurations for a larger range of internal and external indications.
6. ClotIt does not clump up or dry out. It does not react to water, temp or humidity. It has no shelf life.
(Compared to usual Clip Stop, which is comprised of ferrous sulphate (iron based), when the products meets moisture/humidity it harden.
Video – https://youtu.be/04TrjiJr1GY